Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Repetition.

As a laggard, not intentionally, I do rituals behind schedule. So today I do my Easter hunt, 2 days late. This is induced by the grand kids showing the success of their hunt and the lovely Atlantic sunshine and a temperature of 12 degrees C. I look for my daffodils here and there and a single crocus. This hunt is provided by historical haphazard plantings. Almost 2 decades ago I put in bulbs where I can dig 2 inch holes with a pointed hoe. Year after year the green erect leaves of the daffodils come up. I appreciate this April repetition. In doing my round last year I saw the white crocus flower which reminded me of the origami white paper crane of peace and hope. It was only a month after the Japanese tsunami of March 11,2011. This means I saw the lone crocus for the first time. An unexpected delight though it is still proof of bad gardening. But now I know where it is and I look for it just now in the midst of the coarse grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment