Sunday, September 2, 2012

Bus run on a long long postcard.

It was that kind of day; blue sky, well lit clouds and still greenery. Not a stir in the tips of the conifers. We started at the bus station, Orin, David and I. I told Orin, "I will tell Grandpa you say Hello." He replied, "You tell Grandpa I say Hello." We were impressed with his change of pronouns.                  
I boarded and sat beside this wide panel of glass for the trip to Antigonish which would take from 11.20am to 6.50pm through,what felt like, flat space of sky and forest. A window of time to read A Confederacy of Dunces which I picked up in New Orleans, when I went there with David and Tiresa.                                       
More luck with green peppers this year. Leisurely picking now as we move towards Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment