Friday, July 5, 2013

Hot July

Mornings and evenings are lovely. This evening I saw fireflies, which mean that, after I record my forays in gardening, I will be looking up facts about them. One week into July and we have produce. Of course we have had radishes in June and now the spinach, the kale, the broccoli and the peas. The beans, peppers, tomatoes and potatoes still have a long way to go.                                                    
Bottom photo was taken 10 days ago and the top one shows the growth, and was also taken at night. Why? To catch it by surprise.                                                                           
A new addition this season is garlic and I learn about the scape, that the garlic plant puts out. The loop is the scape.
Feast for the eye is provided by the perennials, for example the foxglove and the Peony.
And now I shall go and find out what makes the fireflies glow. Used to know that.


No comments:

Post a Comment