Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pathetic

I was sick. There was rebellion, in my open ended central tube, which was a rare occurrence. After the violent commotions were over, I had to lay down. In this shaken state I was pleased to get an email from my brother, who said that he was doing all right at 20 degrees F. We were then at -7degrees C. Who was colder?
Degrees in Fahrenheit and Celsius, unlike oranges and apples, can be converted as they are different markings within two fixed facts; the freezing point (FP) and the boiling (BP) of water. In the Fahrenheit scale the FP is 32 and marked in a total units of 180 to reach a boiling point of 212. In the Celsius we go from 0 to 100. A unit in one scale is not equivalent to that in the other but 180 units in degrees F is to 100 degrees C. 180:100 or 9:5                                              
So what is 20 degrees F in Celsius. It is below the freezing point by ( 20-32) 12 units F.   9 units F : 5 units C                                                                   
               1 unit F   : 5/9 unit C                                                               
            (-) 12 units : 5/9x-12= -6.6 degrees C                                            
There is an app in my ipod touch but I needed the time to heal; by counting degrees. Pathetic but I was entertained.  

No comments:

Post a Comment