Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Smell the onions

It is the second day of Summer;June 22. The day is generally gray with a northerly wind and there is a warning of the temperature going down to 4 degrees Centigrade with the risk of frost. Well there you have it,the sough of the wind and me. Good thing we have to eat and Minestrone soup it is. This allows me to use those ripe tomatoes of last summer. It was a very good year as the song says. Frozen tomatoes must be cooked without thawing-remove skins under running water and chop up rough and add to the sauteing onions. So no canned tomatoes this time which should make my brother happy as he is warning me off BisphenolA. A line of communication I appreciate. I am also cheered by the clever thought that I captured some of last year's sun. And to paraphrase my brother the sun is not yours until you eat it. A little narcissism,maybe not just a little touting at something. Here is to the oncoming Summer. Game on.

No comments:

Post a Comment