Friday, September 16, 2011

Something Given

My good neighbour called to say that she is going to the beach to read and would I like to come. I certainly would on this lovely pre-fall day.                                         
Her destination turned out to be Cribbon's Point. Following her lead,I opened my chair on a middle ledge of a 3 tiered and massive rocky outcrop.  I had the afternoon sun on my back and the gentle sea in front. The usual sound of the waves breaking against the rock had a solo voice in it. There is a cut in the rock at right angles to the front of the waves and this gap makes a gulping sound at intervals. More than contentment.
 Walking on the beach to the car, we realized that we had also enjoyed the heat radiated from the rock. That bubble of warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment