Sunday, July 29, 2012

Saturday on a tear

I had breakfast with CCL and her good friends at a very pleasant restaurant at King and Spadina for 10am Eastern and Elijah time. Delightful to see the pals she knew in Vancouver, and now in Toronto. On the way back I took the street car going east along King and, by luck this one would turn on Parliament to go north to Queen. Practically on my doorstep. Got off and saw to my flat bread which was just right for baking.
All it took was 19 minutes under the broiler, 13 on first side and then 6 on the other. Then I was out to the R. C. Harris Water Filtration Plant, inspired by Christina's photos. I took the TTC bus presenting both my transfer and token but the driver accepted the transfer. Hey how far can you get on one fare? I got to the end of the line and there is the Waterworks. There was only sufficient charge for two pictures.
The R.C.Harris Plant featured in Skin of a Lion
                                                     The terminus at Neville Park                                                               
Back home again to get ready to attend The Royal Comedians at Soulpepper. Friday I saw an excellent performance of The Crucible.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment