Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wednesday; Warhorse or not

There is a matinee on and  the price of a rush ticket is the same as that of a massage. It is not a case of either or but it is fun to make it so. Off to a brunch at My Marmalade and meandering at Leslie Ville. Munching on my sourdough bread this morning, I thought of Hillarie Belloc. I have not carry any facts about him except that he liked bread and onion. I shall try that when I am puttering solo this evening in the garden. On Friday, I shall go for my lovely massage.                                                                

We had walked east along Queen St and Courtney pointed out the Don Valley which prompted an agenda for me. I could take the Broadview street car, going north, to Danforth and see the bridge that was featured in  Michael Ondaatjie's In the Skin of a Lion. I did just that and took pictures of the valley, river and viaduct. Walked west, across the bridge, to Parliament St. I took the bus, a hybrid electric, going south to Queen St. Happy to be at square one.                                                                              

                                                               
                                The building of this bridge was fictionalized in Skin of a Lion
       
                               The Don Valley with river and roadway taken from the bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment